I knew things weren't going good. I could feel it. And sad to say, its hard to put into words where we are at today, because writing it down will make it real.
Yesterday night, Jacob's stats were dropping into the teens. The doctors found out that his left lung collapsed. So they inserted 2 additional chest tubes in hopes that draining the air and fluids around the lungs would help some. But nothing seemed to be working... his stats went up to 30s, but that is still way too low.
Long story short.... basically there is nothing else that the doctors can do for Jacob medically. They are giving him comfort care, so that he will not have pain. But his heart is just too sick. Poor guy, not only had half a heart, but the right side suffered a heart attack and is not squeezing properly. He is very, very sick. The doctors have done all they can. But his body is not recovering from surgery. His heart function is still bad, he is swollen even more than yesterday, he still has lots of bloody discharge from his 3 chest tubes.
So at this point, they said bring any family in who wants to say good-bye to him. He is a fighter and still hanging on today. But things look very, very bad.
My heart and head hurts too much to write details at this point.
Jenny and family, All I can really say is that, I'm here..... thinking of you guys and praying for all. It's hard to find the right words... We love you and your whole family... Know that you have a TON of thoughts and prayers for you ALL right now... Love, Jourdan and Sara Laik
ReplyDeleteJenny and Alex~ I'm so sorry and don't know really what to say. I keep praying (and crying) but all I do know is that Jehovah will give you the strength to endure this trial. It may not be the outcome we all had hoped for, but again just trust in Jehovah. I love you all so much and my heart really hurts for you all. Please give Jacob a kiss for me. (and Isaac & Nico too!) Love, Jaime
ReplyDeleteTo our friends, while you are enduring such a terrible hard time please know that we are all here still praying for you, and as Jaime said while it is not what we hoped for, nor will this lesson your pain right now, soon you will be with a healthy beautiful baby boy. Just as others have endured similar trials, and I know your family has been thru enough, this will one day be the past, and you will not remember the heart ache. Our love and prayers continue to be with you, Jacob, and your entire family. Love Matt and Debbie Lea
ReplyDeleteJenny,Alex, Isaac & Nico,
ReplyDeleteLet Jehovah's strength and love carry you through whatever the next, seconds, minutes, hours, and days bring. Let your caring friends' hugs, tears, words and especially prayers help you through. Never underestimate the power of the scriptures to bring you real comfort. NEVER let anything this system brings dimish the power of the resurrection hope. Always put your beautiful family in those paradise pictures that abound in our wonderful publications. Keep in mind one of my favorite descriptions of endurance from the October 1, 1999 Watchtower: "Endurance: It is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with BLAZING HOPE. It is the quality which keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the HARDEST TRIAL into GLORY because beyond the pain it SEES THE GOAL".
You ALL are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all so much.
Ellen Cruikshank
Dear Jenny and family, I cry as I type these words. I am so sorry to read that things are going down hill. My heart aches with pain for Jacob, you, Alex,and the boys. I wish I could come and see him and hug you and give you the strength to endure this. Soon Jacob will be healthy. Jehovah knows your pain and will give you the strength to go on. Pour out your heart to Jehovah and he'll answer your prayer with "power beyond normal". Love you.
ReplyDeleteJenny and Alex we admire you for doing everything in your power possible to help Jacob and please Jehovah at the same time. We can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now, but Jehovah will keep your tears in a skin bottle. As a God of comfort he knows and remembers all that your going through. We love you so much!!
ReplyDeleteLove Rick, Donna, Serena, Ryan, and Sarah Falk
Many prayers to you and your family. You are a great Mom and Jacob will always remember the love of his family. God bless all of you in your time of need.
ReplyDeleteSharon Carpenter
Dear Alex and Jenny and family,
ReplyDeleteIt is heartbreaking to read of the reality of Jacob's condition...our love and prayers go out to you as always, but even more so during this difficult time. You have done everything humanly possible, the rest is in Jehovah's hands, the safest place to be. We are all here to help you.
You have been STRONG for Jehovah and he will not forget that.
Hugs, Steve and Teri
Jenny and Alex,
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to know what to say because we can't possibly imagine how difficult this must be. We are praying so hard for your family and know that so many others are, too. With that many prayers you know Jehovah will be sure to give you the strengh to endure this situation.We love you so much,Jay and April
Jenny, Alex, Isaac & Nico and family
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to imagine what you are going through. Just be strong. Jehovah is watching over all of you. Soon we will see Jakey in the new system. All my love and prayers go out to you. Joan Bruns
Jenny sorry to hear Jacob is not doing so good right now, but like you said he is a fighter and we are praying for you and your family. Colleen, Sam and Helen. I wish I could give you a big hug right now, but imagine a big big hug from me. My Jehowvah give comfort and strenth. Ernny
ReplyDeleteAlex and Jenny,
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear things are not going well. I don't know what to say. . . we love you and are here for you. Lean on Jehovah, he will comfort you and give you peace. Love, Michelle & Matt
Jenny & family-
ReplyDeleteI just wanted you to know i'm thinking about you and wishing i was there to hold your hand. :( I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sad to hear what is transpiring with Jacob. I hope and pray for the best for him- I can't imagine how difficult this is for you! Know that so many are thinking and praying for you!
Love always, Michelle Hinterberg
Jenny and family...
ReplyDeleteThis makes me so sad, and brings so many tears.. It really makes us want the paradise to really come. Just know that you are all in our prayers! Your strength I will always admire!
Love Amanda and family.
To the Robles Family,
ReplyDeleteThe horribly sad news was announced at our meeting this morning. There simply are no words to express our deep sadness for your loss.
It may not be of much encouragement now, but the hope of the resurrection will be a powerful comfort to you in future days.
For myself, I didn't get to know the boy at all, but like all of you, I can't wait for paradise when you will be able to hold him in your arms again and EVERYONE of us, including Jakie, will have hearts that have healed.
With deepest sympathy and warmest christian love, Alex and Ruth Pharris
Jenny & Family
ReplyDeleteWe just herd the sad news at the meeting,,, Its hard to hold back the tears as i write this.. We so very sorry for your loss and please know our thoughts and prayers are with you all... May Jehovah be with you and comfort you in this time of sadness and loss..With the hope in the resurrection may we all see him in the near future....
With warm christian love . Tom, Lisa & Sam Ireland
Dear Jenny and family-
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry for your loss. Words cannot describe the terrible pain you must be going through...your precious baby Jakey is in good hands. He is loved. He will watch over you in health with no pain, no tubes, just pure light!
Hold tight to your memories and your family. Your sons need their mommy...hang on ....let them bring you comfort as well during this time. Know that I am praying for you all and thinking about you often.....
Looking over your photos that are posted makes this whole experience full circle. Remember he is no longer enduring the pain .... he was your gift...and will always be in your heart...your littlest angel.
With deepest sympathies...
Jackie and Ed Brozynski and Family
Dear, Dear Jenny, Alex, Isaac, Nico, Mary and Harry: Jehovah can give us a heart full of love but the words are many times so inadequate of how we feel. Our family reaches out to you all with love and sympathy. We heard beautiful prayers in your behalf at two meetings yesterday. Hundreds of hearts were filled with saddness at your loss and deep love for you all. In just a blink of an eye to Jakie, he will be in the arms of his mama, papa and loving family again! He will be completly restored and ready to grow, love, laugh. In my heart and mind I picture him already there...He is safe in Jehovah's memory!What a wonderful place to be. But in the mean time, he is so missed by his family and friends. Hold on tight to the love you have for Jehovah and your family.(Ps. 119:76,77 Jehovahs loving-kindness, comfort and mercy are beyond compare) Please stay close to all of us, we want to be here for you. Much, Much Love to you all--Karen & Bruce & Margie
ReplyDeleteRobles Family, Mary, Harry. I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to express how bad I feel for you all. Praying to Jehovah to give you the strength to face each day. I am so thankful to Jehovah for his promise of the resurrection, his mercy. and loving kindness. Miss you all. Love to all Ernny
ReplyDelete