Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baby Emily :(

so sad... Dr. G had an emergency surgery early am in the ICU for baby Emily- 11 months old, JW from Virginia.. and she passed away. I can't stop crying for her family.

They came yesterday for heart surgery during the day and at around 10pm last night the ICU was closed to parents going in and out because their was an emergency surgery for Baby Emily right in her room. Than she seemed okay, but this morning around 5 they noticed she was bleeding internally. And had to do another emergency operation.

All parents again had to leave, as we were waiting in the hallway we meet baby Emily's family. And found out that they too were Jehovah's Witnesses. When Dr. G came out only maybe a hour later, we knew things weren't going to be good. It was one of the hardest things for me and I just met the family. I can only imagine what they are going through right now.

Its like I feel so useless because I want to do something for them, but what can you really do? I know if it was me, I would want to be alone. So after being with them awhile, we left them alone with their immediate family.

Please pray for them to have strength... what a faithful little girl... you know she made Jehovah God happy even in her short life. Thank goodness we have the resurrection hope, even though that doesn't ease the pain of the moment. We just need God's Kingdom rule so badly. Its just not fair for these little babies to be going through so much. God promises us that he "will wipe out every tear from your eyes and death will be no more." and there is going to be a resurrection to this very earth where little babies like Emily will live forever in paradise and nobody will say I am sick ever again! That day just can't come soon enough!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad!! This old world is so hard to function in...Satan makes sure of that. I really feel for her family...and for you to, not only be going through your own heartache, but also for going through theirs. In this orginazation if someone else is hurting...we feel the pain to. The bonds of brotherhood are strong.

    ReplyDelete