Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Breathe Baby....

It has been one very busy day to say the least.  The surgery this morning went excellent.  The surgeons said that Jacob being big really did make it easier.  And they were done quicker than normal.  :)  So I was so happy!  I sadly was in my hospital bed getting updates, but thankfully everything went well.  

I made plans with my doctor and nurse to head over to Children's at 11am, and we were all set to go... I just pumped, took pain medication, and had my wheel chair, when the nurse comes to tell me that the doctor never signed the okay for me to leave for a couple hours. So there Alex and I waited....and waited...and waited until about 2 hours later we got the clear to go.  So finally I got to go see my precious baby.  

He was very puffy and swollen.  He still had his breathing tube in from the surgery and he looked so helpless.  Lots of wires and IVs. I just wanted to grab him up and take him away from all the pain of this world.  Eventually when I was there, they took out his breathing tube, which was a very good sign that things were looking up for him.  Yet now his cry was all scratchy and he sounded so miserable.  And he wasn't peeing, so the nurse was concerned about that and he was continuing to get more and more swollen.  

Than came the scare of my life....  seriously this was the most scared I have ever been.  All of a sudden Jacob's breathing rate went down to 40 (they want it to be at least 70), so all these beeping alarms started going off.  The first nurse to get there started screaming for everyone else saying all these technical scary sounding things that he needs, so like 10 nurses and doctors ran in and were surrounding him.  Off course my mind turned to the worst and I just started balling my eyes out.  Thankful the nurse who has been watching Jacob all day decided to make his way over.... and he told everyone he was fine and just needed more pain medication.  My poor baby, as it turns out, when he is in a lot of pain, he holds his breath.  

So I just kept telling him, no matter what baby you just have to keep breathing.  He scared me out of my mind.  I couldn't stop crying than for like the next hour, it shook me up very badly.  

So that has been my day.  The next 48 hours are critical for Baby Jake.  I will post more pictures, tomorrow hopefully.  

Also Auntie Vania came today, of course right in the middle of my breakdown.  But I know she is going to be a big help with all three boys...she already has been.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment