At 3 am my mom, Jacob and I headed off to Ohio for our routine doctor's appointment. I've noticed a slight difference in his behavior, but was still thinking everything would be fine. The echo looked about the same, yet Jakey did not gain any weight and the doctor was very worried about him again. He said that he strongly felt that in the best interest of Jakey he should be admitted to the hospital. And have IV meds and tube feedings again to make him as strong as possible for surgery. We managed to let them give us a day to be able to take some pictures of Jakey and spend a night with him, but tomorrow a.m. Jakey needs to be in the hospital. :( They are going to admit him into the ICU because some babies have reactions to the meds they are going to be giving him.
I am very overwhelmed at this moment, just not feeling ready yet. Its hard to know that tomorrow at this time Jakey is going to have at least an IV. And possibly a central line and feeding tube. I wish with all my heart I could take this all away from him. He is such a beautiful baby boy... laughing and cooing all the time.
Please, Please pray for Jacob to be strong and to be okay. He is such a little guy and he has a long, hard road ahead of him. Also, as always I am worried for my Isaac and Nico. This is so much for them to handle also. They love Jacob so much and they are so scared.
that is the BEST picture EVER of the 3 boys! Know in your heart that everything will be fine and it WILL be.
ReplyDeleteMuch love.
Emily
Jenny and little Jakey-
ReplyDeleteWe are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, during this difficult time. Stay strong and Jehovah will take care of you. His power is 'beyond normal' and can help you through anything!
We love you guys...
Mark and Ana