“They avoid not speaking of your child to not upset you. But what they don’t realize is no one ever speaking of them is your greatest fear”
People deal with grief differently, this I know. I love talking about my third son, Jacob, even though I know it makes others uncomfortable. But if someone brings him up, my heart flows with love. Please never, ever forget him. He is forever a part of me. He is my child.
That is one reason I started “Jakeys Love”. So Jakey’s memory will not be forgotten. He only lived a short life of 4 months and 23 days, but I wanted it to mean something... not just to me, but for everyone. I wanted his life to spread joy and happiness. What better why than to brighten up some kids day who has been in the hospital for weeks or months or years? I want those kids to know they are loved. People care. They are not alone.
I’m so thankful that during the past 9 years so many of my family and friends have supported “Jakeys Love” and my various fundraisers. Every year we have been back to Nationwide Children’s hospital and have donated gifts in Jakeys memory. And we wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of others. So thank you!
For Jacobs 10 year anniversary I plan to purchase a Butterfly wagon from the hospital to honor our baby boy. They are new this year and when I saw them on the website I knew I had to purchase one for the hospital! They do cost $500, so if anyone would like to help out and donate, that would be amazing! Or contribute for gift bags for the kiddos. Again I could have never accomplished my goals of giving back without help. It means the world to me.
https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/700childrens/2018/03/the-story-behind-our-wagons
I have an amazing friend, owner of The Sparkled Shell, who is going a Giving Back earring fundraiser this month for my cause. $8 per earrings will be donated to my wagon purchase.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/618436635/giving-back-june-paradise-shine?utm_medium=SellerListingTools&utm_campaign=Share&utm_source=Raw&share_time=1527966490000&utm_term=so.slt
I know I haven’t written in a long time, but coming up on 10 Year’s just seems crazy. It seems like only yesterday I was at the ultrasound “where something is wrong with his heart” and we were searching around the world for the best surgeons for Jakeys congenital heart defect, hypoplastic left heart... Yet now his brothers are in high school and he has a little sister to meet in paradise someday... so time does not stop. The years keep going, but my heart still aches. So until I see my son again, I need to keep his memory alive.. keep talking about him.. and giving out of Jakey’s Love💜
People deal with grief differently, this I know. I love talking about my third son, Jacob, even though I know it makes others uncomfortable. But if someone brings him up, my heart flows with love. Please never, ever forget him. He is forever a part of me. He is my child.
That is one reason I started “Jakeys Love”. So Jakey’s memory will not be forgotten. He only lived a short life of 4 months and 23 days, but I wanted it to mean something... not just to me, but for everyone. I wanted his life to spread joy and happiness. What better why than to brighten up some kids day who has been in the hospital for weeks or months or years? I want those kids to know they are loved. People care. They are not alone.
I’m so thankful that during the past 9 years so many of my family and friends have supported “Jakeys Love” and my various fundraisers. Every year we have been back to Nationwide Children’s hospital and have donated gifts in Jakeys memory. And we wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of others. So thank you!
For Jacobs 10 year anniversary I plan to purchase a Butterfly wagon from the hospital to honor our baby boy. They are new this year and when I saw them on the website I knew I had to purchase one for the hospital! They do cost $500, so if anyone would like to help out and donate, that would be amazing! Or contribute for gift bags for the kiddos. Again I could have never accomplished my goals of giving back without help. It means the world to me.
https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/700childrens/2018/03/the-story-behind-our-wagons
I have an amazing friend, owner of The Sparkled Shell, who is going a Giving Back earring fundraiser this month for my cause. $8 per earrings will be donated to my wagon purchase.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/618436635/giving-back-june-paradise-shine?utm_medium=SellerListingTools&utm_campaign=Share&utm_source=Raw&share_time=1527966490000&utm_term=so.slt
I know I haven’t written in a long time, but coming up on 10 Year’s just seems crazy. It seems like only yesterday I was at the ultrasound “where something is wrong with his heart” and we were searching around the world for the best surgeons for Jakeys congenital heart defect, hypoplastic left heart... Yet now his brothers are in high school and he has a little sister to meet in paradise someday... so time does not stop. The years keep going, but my heart still aches. So until I see my son again, I need to keep his memory alive.. keep talking about him.. and giving out of Jakey’s Love💜
Glad you shared this! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete